Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Beginnings! WOW!!

Well, I've done it....I have dove into the world of blogging despite my inability to properly operate a computer!  "Computer Geek" is never a name that will be uttered when speaking of me, in fact, I had to have my sister Kim set up my blog for me because I miserably failed at the first attempt! So, where do I start when it comes to writing something interesting about my life?  Let me start by saying that the title of this entry really does describe where I am at right now. New Beginnings with a big capital WOW!! This past year, has been filled with laughter, tears, trials, fears, failures, wins, hope, faith, soul searching, and coming to the realization of how important God, family and friends are to ones survival.  In the past, when I would look at myself in the mirror  I would only see the surface of who I am which mostly consisted of a somewhat cute face and a bent out of shape body!!  But the events of the past year have forced me to look a little deeper and suddenly the mirror is reflecting back a changed person. My mirror now shows a face which reflects strength, a nose that smells the beauty of simple things, eyes that can see better into the soul of another and understand those who are struggling, ears that can hear the voices of my children a little clearer, a chin that is a bit firmer after being broken, lips that have spoken many prayers, and eyebrows that are lifted a little higher in the wonder of the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ and its healing power. I am sad to say the the bent out of shape body is still ever present, but that is a whole other entry! This is truly a year of New Beginnings that has given me a chance to make changes for the better and to take chances and risks that I never knew were possible. I am looking forward to my future and am waiting with anticipation at who I will see in the mirror at the end of this year.

1 comment:

Janint said...

Hi Kerry,

I didn't realized you had a blog. How fun! I like blogs, but now with facebook I have not being too consistent in mine :) Great to read about your new beginnings. Go girl!